Reports and Accounts
Updated November 2023
Full details of the work of the League of Friends over the last five years can be found on the link to our annual report and accounts below.
As a summary, we have been able to support the hospital with the purchase of a range of clinical equipment including:
- £7,144 Maternity beds, chairs and birthing aids
- £1,995 Riser recliner chair
- £1,896 Blood testing chair
- £2,310 Exercise bike for the Physio Dept
- £12,505 Leg ulcer treatment equipment
- £3,054 Automatic blood pressure monitors
- £3,616 Mobile ECG machines
- £3,913 Baby jaundice meter
- £2,150 Arterial pressure monitor
- £5,919 2 x ECG machines and related equipment
- £6,535 Plants and garden equipment
- £11,495 Digital dementia reminiscence network x 2
We have also spent £19,736 over the last five years on pastoral care items such as newspapers, slippers, TVs, fans, radio headsets etc to make the stay of patients more comfortable. We also make donations each year to ensure that all patients in the hospital receive a present on Christmas Day.
During the Covid pandemic, we were happy to help support patients and staff during those difficult times. We spent £6,235 on a range of items including reading lights, radios, iPads, use of a mobile phone together with regular deliveries of fresh fruit and pizza for the staff as a mark of our appreciation.
Looking to the future, the refurbishment of Blake Maternity Unit continues apace. The birthing pool has been installed and is fully operational. We spent £29,000 on the second phase of the project during 2022 and have allocated a further £73,000 for the final phase of the project.
Annual Report & Accounts